A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

4.07.2011

Pinwheels

I was needing some spring inspiration around our house, and saw some pinwheels in a magazine. I figured I could easily make them, and thought I’d share it on here.

IMG_1915

First, I found some cute springy double sided paper. I cut it into an 8 inch square, then I lightly folded it into a triangle one way, then the other way.

IMG_1910

This gave me some guides to cut on. Using my cutter, I cut from the outside, leaving about 1” in the center. (It does NOT have to be perfect!)

IMG_1911

Then on one corner of each triangle, I punched a little hole. And one hole in the center.

IMG_1912

I pull each hole to the center hole, put a brad on top and completed the pinwheel! Next, I grabbed some bamboo sticks from the kitchen, and just wrapped the back of the brad around it.

IMG_1913

I adjusted the heights of where to put the pinwheels on the sticks. Then I stuck them in some floral foam in a pot I already had, and topped it with the dreaded Easter grass. Ahh, I think Spring can come now!

IMG_1915

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...