A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

5.13.2011

It’s a secret…

Have you ever wanted to put a ton of 4x6 photos on one scrapbook layout, and not had enough room?  Well, I have a “secret” place I put my extras which are also easy to see when the layout is in the page protectors. 

Here’s how to add secret photos to your layouts:

1.  Completely make your page(s).  Decide where your secret photos will be located.  I usually put mine toward the bottom, just so the page protector can support it.

2.  Put your photos into 4x6 page protectors.  (I pulled mine out of a 4x6 mini album from SEI.) 

3.  With one picture in a protector, mark on your layout where the secret photos will go.  Punch holes in the paper.

IMG_3510i

4.  Put your layout in the page protector.  Using a marker, mark where the holes in the paper are.  (Note:  use the page protector that you are going to be using in your album—it is NOT easy to change this layout, plus you don’t want to ruin it for another layout.)

IMG_3514i

5.  Pull the page out, then punch holes in the TOP HALF of the page protector ONLY!  You can just shove a brad through the hole, or I used the Silent Setter from Provo Crafts with the small self-sealing mat inside it so as not to go through both sides.

IMG_3517i

6.  Next, put your page back into the page protector. 

7.  Find two cute brads that match your layout.  Put your album in the right order, put one brad in the bottom hole, then through the page protector and paper.  Put your hand inside the back of the page protector and open the brad until it’s flat.  (No picture, sorry, had to use two hands.)

8.  Repeat with the top brad.

9.  Show off your “secret” pictures!  (Side note:  I was thinking that it would be cute to put a strip of paper between the brads for some extra flair!)

IMG_3519i

Because my layout was about the things we did during the Christmas season, I grouped specific things together and added sticker tabs with an index next to it to explain what the pictures were about.

IMG_3523i

This is a look at my layout as a whole.  I try to keep many photo layouts simple.

IMG_3526i

My son looking at the “secret” photos—which are still protected from dirty hands, yet easily accessible!  I love this method, and my kids love their pages with “secret” pictures in them! SmileIMG_3530i

All paper, stickers and embellishments from SEI

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...