A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

5.09.2011

Pillow Slipcover

So, the other day during the twin’s naptime, I thought I’d make a fun slipcover for a pillow for my office. I found a tutorial on “Make it and Love it” here. (LOVE that site!) Since you can find the tutorial there, I’m just going to show you my slipcover.

apr 28i

Cute, huh?

Here are the details of the stripe and flower. To make the gathered stripe, I doubled the length of the pillow, gathered it using this method and sewed it on the top and bottom of the stripe (before I put the slipcover together). Then, I eyeballed the spaces in between to create the rest of the textured lines. It’s not perfect, but neither am I! To do the flower, I cut a strip of polka dot fabric about two inches wide and 52 long. I gathered one side, pulled it until it made a circle then sewed circles on top. Next I sewed it on the pillow, then finished putting the whole thing together.

IMG_3318 copy i

This is what the back part looks like, so I can take the cover off and wash it if necessary.IMG_3321 i

“Sew” much fun! Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...