A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

3.23.2012

Book Wreath

A few months ago I came across the cutest tutorial for a wreath made from book pages.  It was love at first sight and it’s been on my to-do list since then.  I made a goal a month or two ago to start doing more of those things that I’ve been pinning onto my Pinterest boards, and this project was long overdue! 

Book Wreath

The original tutorial can found here on Living With Lindsay’s blog.  (Such a cute blog full of cute ideas!)

Mine turned out a little differently from hers, but if I’m sure it’s because I rolled my book pages a bit differently.  Because I don’t have tons of uninterrupted time to devote to projects, I stapled the bottoms of my pages as I rolled each one. (After I painted the edges brown.)  I did this in spurts from 2-10 minutes, and I bet it took a little over an hour total to roll my pages. 

Once I had what I thought was a sufficient number, I did the hot gluing all at once.  (And I didn’t paint my green foam wreath either.  I just made sure that it was all covered.)  I started at the back and worked forward as the tutorial suggests.  I did end up rolling about 10 more pages to fill in the gaps—no biggie.

Here’s a couple of close-ups.

Book Wreath 2i   Book Wreath 3i

I love it!

When my hubby saw it, he said, “You ripped up a book?”  He loves books, so I’m sure that was like hitting him in the gut.  This book has been sitting on my bookshelf gathering dust for YEARS…like close to 15.  (Wondering what book it was?  The Chamber, by John Grisham.  When I told him what book it was, he was okay with it.  Winking smile  He’s not a as big of a JG fan as I am.) 

One pinned project down…3,473 and counting to go…! 

Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Sam said...

You have ANOTHER amazing and fun blog?!!? WOW! Super impressed. That wreath does look really cool. I'm so happy that you have a little more 'creating' time now. I hope that feels really good, you deserve it.
Sam :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...