A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

3.18.2012

St. Patty’s Day Pudding Parfaits

A few years ago, my son and I came up with this little treat a few days before St. Patrick’s, and have tried to make it one of our annual traditions. 

St Patty's Parfaits

These little parfaits are yummy and quite easy to make!  I didn’t take any pictures along the way (my hands were a little busy trying to keep 4 young boys from eating too much in the process Winking smile). 

What you’ll need:

Cool Mint Oreos”
One box of pistachio instant pudding  (if you don’t like pistachio flavor, try vanilla with green food coloring)
One box of chocolate instant pudding
Rainbow sprinkles
Whipped cream (which I forgot to buy, so it’s not in the picture)

What to do:

Find glasses or cups to put your parfaits in
Crush 10-15 Oreos
Make puddings
Make your parfaits: A layer of crushed Oreos, pistachio pudding, chocolate pudding.  Do this twice.  On the top layer, add your whipped cream, one Oreo and some rainbow sprinkles.  Let them set up in the fridge for about an hour before eating. 
Enjoy!

Here’s a look at the layers.

parfaits 2

Mmmm….so yummy!

And just for fun, this is what we make every year for dinner—ham and cheese quiche, dyed green.  (Like green eggs and ham!)  Then we add whatever green stuff we happen to have.  I did add stuff to my salad after I took the picture. 

Green Dinner

 

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...