A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

4.11.2012

Buttermilk Pancakes and Syrup

I devoured my first buttermilk pancakes and syrup about 4 years ago at Girl’s Camp.  I’d never had them before, and when I saw the syrup I really didn’t even want to try it.  But I did.  And I LOVED it! 

Pancakes 2

My family also shares the love of buttermilk pancakes and syrup, so the other night I made some for dinner.  (We like breakfast dinner, don’t you?) 

pancakes 1

Yum, yum, yum, yum!  All the way down to the last drop!  Smile

Here are the recipes:

Buttermilk Pancakes

4 c flour (I use 2 c wheat flour and 2 c white flour)
2 1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 t salt
4 eggs
1/2 c melted butter
4-5 c buttermilk
Mix together all the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients stirring until just moistened.  You can thin the batter with more buttermilk if desired.  Makes 24 large pancakes or 36 medium ones.

Buttermilk Syrup

1/2 c buttermilk
3/4 c sugar
1 c butter
Boil for 1 minute and then add 1 t vanilla and 1/2 t baking soda.

It looks like this.

pancakes 4

See that foam way up to the top of the pan?  It will rise all the way up there as soon as you add the baking soda, so make sure it’s a large pan!

I used to go buy buttermilk each time I wanted to make this, then found this one day in the flour/sugar isle.

pancakes 3

It is much cheaper, though you have to whisk a little bit harder to make sure there are no lumps.   As far as taste, I can’t tell much of a difference.  Follow the measuring directions on the back of the can.

Now, go try some of these delicious culinary creations! 

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...