A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

4.20.2012

CD Backup Holder

So many times I’ve wanted to have a place to put burned CD’s in my scrapbooks—backups of pictures and digital pages mostly.  Well, I figured out how to store them and I’m going to share it with you today!

CD 3

To make the CD storage, I used a “Design E” page from Becky Higgins.  The pockets are 6x6, so I cut up one 12x12 into 4 squares, then I decorated the bottom two squares.  It would’ve been easier to decorate the page, then cut.  (They’re not perfectly lined up.)  To make the banner on top, I used tacky glue on the outside to hold the twine, then I just cut triangles, inked the edges and used pop-dots to make them stand up. 

CD 2

Then I used found an ugly piece of paper, cut it 6x6 and folded it in half so I knew where the middle was.  I punched a hole in it and used it as a template to punch a hole in each square.  Then I put a brad in it.  This is so that when the album gets turned sideways or upside down, the CD’s don’t fall out! 

Now, this is just so I have easy access to my backed-up files.  I do have another copy in our fire safe.  Just to be extra safe.  I love this though so that I can always get to my files easily if I need to! 

I made this holder to go with my “This Is Me” album.  You can see details of the album in whole here.  Here’s a look at the front page of my album, just so you can see how cute it matches the CD holder!

Cover Page

Supplies Used:
-Design E Page Protectors,
Becky Higgins.
-Paper and brads used for cover page and CD storage, SEI “Winnie’s Walls" collection.
-Twine, The Twinery
-Scallop border punch, Fiskars
-Scallop circle punch, The Paper Studio
-Small circle punch, EK Success
-Flower, Prima
-Crop-a-dile Big Bite (to punch holes for the brads in the bottom CD pockets)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...