A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

5.18.2012

Placemat Pillow

This was an idea I saw a few years ago, and now I can’t even remember where I saw it, but I’ve always wanted to try it—a decorative pillow made from a fabric place mat!

pillow 4

First, find a cute fabric placemat that has two layers.  We actually got 4 of these as wedding presents, but I haven’t pulled them out since we had kids, and I figured there’s no reason they should just sit in a drawer. 

pillow 1

The next thing, is to get a seam ripper and take the seam apart that holds the two layers together.  It doesn’t have to be a huge hole.

pillow 2

Next, get some fiber filling and stuff it as full as you can!

pillow 3

Then, depending on the seam, you just hand sew it back together, or because of this seam, I just used my machine!  Simple as that.  A new pillow for my bed in 20 minutes!

pillow 4

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...