A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

3.07.2012

Cards (From my Yellow and Green Scrap Stash)

I had another itch to create some more cards this last weekend...mostly because I needed some more and didn't really have any that fit what I needed.  This time I decided to pull out my green and yellow scraps bin and went to work with those colors.  I did pull out a couple more colors here and there with embellishments and other papers.  Once again, they are pretty simple for the most part!

Here's a look at what I did this time:

Just a few notes--the center birthday card has a hole punched out of it as shown.  This is a fun and easy way to decorate the inside of the card as well as the outside!  The pink, green and gray b-day card was made specifically for my niece.  For the most part, I don't make specific themed cards--just cards I can use for any occasion.

The white card bases are from Studio G.  Love them!  The brown was just some cardstock that I folded.  The twine is from the Twinery, brads from SEI, scallop border punch from Fiskars, scallop circle punch from EK Success, circle punch from Paper Studio, heart punch is from Emagination and square punch is from McGill, white paper flowers are from Close to My Heart, ink from Studio G.  The rest...sorry, I don't know...

Another fun thing, is that when I was creating these cards my oldest son came in to see what I was working on.  He wanted to make some cards too!  So he made a thank you card for his aunt and a b-day card for his cousin.
I seriously cracked up when he made the above thank you card--it had the fabric flower, the banner and thank you written on it.  I told him it was great...his response, "It needs some more details, Mom."  I was like, "WHAT?!?"  He must be mine! ;)   This was a few days ago, and he keeps asking me when he can make more cards.  I think I have a mini Tim Holtz on my hands! 
I love that he wants to create with me--he always has from the time he was 2.  He is most definitely creative, but I think I may have had some influence on that.  I think letting kids take over some scissors and glue is not only great for their minds but good for their motor skills too.  It's a win-win! So don't forget to take some time to create with your kids!

 Happy Creating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...