A place to share my latest creative pieces. (I know a million bloggers already do this, but I NEEDED a place too!)

2.11.2012

Pillows

I had an epiphany of sorts the other day.  I love seeing how everyone in blog land has zillions of cute pillows on their couches.  Well, before yesterday, my dark brown couch has had two dark brown plain pillows on it.  Not cute.  (Plus my kids usually throw them on the ground, so that was one excuse for me to not buy any.)

As I saw some cute Valentine's day pillows on Pinterest, and well, those are cute, but then I'd have to store them.  So, I thought back to the pillow slipcover I made awhile ago and then the idea came!  I could make seasonal pillow slipcovers, then I only have to store the slipcover.

I decided to make red pillow covers for Valentine's day.  I ended up making them just red so I can use them around the 4th of July and Christmas as well.  I already had some pillow forms, and got this cute fabric at Hobby Lobby.  I used pillow forms that I've had for quite awhile...


I love the happy pop of seasonal color these add!  Now, I know it'd be cuter with more pillows (and more extravagant), but like I said, they usually end up on the ground. (And you don't even want to know how many times I fixed that dang bow.)  So until my boys get to the point when they feel they don't need to throw them on the floor, we'll just stick with this many...!


Happy Creating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...